Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another Project Checked Off the List - Master Bathroom Complete

It has been only 4 years in the making, the "master bedroom and bath" project, starting it in the fall of 2005. Finally finished the "shelving/drawer knook" in the kneewalls this spring, slight delay due to my shoulder injury. Since then I've been weighing the options of wood versus drywall and finally pulled the trigger to go wood. Ah man is it nice, being inspired from the wood in the Vinalhaven camp we rented this summer showed that it can hold up to the moist environment with good poly.

Also finding a contractor has been a bigger struggle than we could have ever thought, primarily because we're in the sticks. Finally Matt Compton who lives up the road, came through and did a great job doing the busy work of the finish work. Without the help of his crew it would not have been done by the time our little guy enters this world. Check out Matt's site http://www.compton-construction.com/

Katie is doing awesome, certainly tired as to be expected but she's a trooper with very strong spirits. It's been fun the last couple of weekends getting some great DADDY TIME with Louisa, taking her off on adventures to give mommy some much needed P&Q at home. It certainly is tough for her spending 24-7 in her office, I know I would go nuts if I had to work-sleep-play in my office!!!

What is funny for those of you who know Katie, she's gotten LOST in Farm Ville on Facebook. Too funny, but keeps her mind busy. I know it has kept this laptop busy as I don't have a chance to use it during her waking hours.

First snowfall today, well second as we've had some flurries. Hard to believe that winter is right around the corner. Let the fun begin, can't wait for all the new cool winter things to share with Louisa.

All for now, hopefully next post will be some pics of the new little guy from the hospital.

2 comments:

WildRose said...

Yes Matt did so some of the finish work but most of the credit goes to Scott for all his prep and more prep and then putting up all the towel racks, and extra things that make a bathroom a bathroom!! Yes I do love Farmville! It is a very cute game that does keep my mind busy when I cannot be spending much time at my own little farm :) Thanks again for all your hard work to make our house more of a home! Love you Scott

LadyIrish said...

Beautiful work, Scott-you and Kate and the little ones will really enjoy the results of your endeavors!